tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: getInitParameter
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:57:42 GMT
Hi,

Calling config.getInitParameter (ie ServletConfig.getInitParameter)
gets *servlet-specific* parameters, ie those inside the <servlet>
tags in your web.xml file.

Calling application.getInitParameter (ie ServletContext.getInitParameter)
gets *context-specific* parameters, ie those inside the
<context-param> tags in your web.xml file.

If calling config.getInitParameter returned parameters out of
the context in jdev, then jdev is getting it seriously wrong.....

Regards,

Simon