tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:38:07 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	I'm pretty sure that this error *always* means one of two things:
	either a previous instance of tomcat is still running, or
	there is some other process using the ports that tomcat
	wants to use.

	Remember that tomcat will not show up in the "ps" list
	as tomcat, but as "java" (ie the java virtual machine).

	You can look in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml to
	see what ports (http + ajp) tomcat is trying to use.

	Cheers,

	Simon