tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject Logging library (was RE: System.out.println())
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:08:02 GMT

I thought I'd just insert a plug for an ultra-
cool logging library I downloaded recently.

log4j (http://sourceforge.net/projects/log4j) is
really nice. It has a clean API from the end user
perspective, and is *extremely* flexible in the
way it can be configured at run-time.

And (as you may have guessed from the name),
it is (mostly) from IBM's alphaWorks team.

Using a proper logging library is definitely better
than just printing messages to a file (at least
that's how I interpret this question..)