tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Gauthier <gauth...@azalee.cst.cnes.fr>
Subject Re: Session Info Sharing
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:37:44 GMT
Hi,

once again I am quite new to Tomcat, I am used to Jrun.

Originally when I setted up Tomcat, I added this line in the server.xml
file:

        <Context path=""
docBase="/home/user2/ctmipa/serviadm/services_ir/server_root/htdocs"
debug="0" reloadable="true" >

Which allows me to have a directory as docbase which is not under the
tomcat tree.
Is it a bad thing to do this ?

In partciculary, now I would to preload a servlet and when I add the lines
in the web.xml file (thanks to the mailing list archive server), Tomcat
does not seem to preload the servlet.
Could the previous setting in cause ?

I would like to check that with you guys that are more experienced with
Tomcat before to migrate all my directory structure under the Tomcat tree.

Thanks for any info on that set up,

Nicolas.
http://www.vieuxport.com/nico