tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jay Raghavan <jayragha...@yahoo.com>
Subject building a web app - need help
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:31:55 GMT
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I tried to build my sample web app and followed the
instructions to build the sample app ("Hello World").

I ran the build.bat file in Windows 2000.  The error I
get is:

BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Can't open config file: build.xml
due to: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute names
must not start with "<" characters.
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Can't open config
file: build.xml due to: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Attribute names must not start with "<" characters. at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)

What's going on here - I haven't modified the script
or any code!

thanks
Jay

=====