tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kasnol Chan" <kas...@linuxmail.org>
Subject Tomcat/Apache Port 80 / 8080 Question
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:45:48 GMT
Hi, nice to meet you all,

I have a problem in configuring tomcat, I am running Apache 1.1.3 + tomcat 3.1 + Solaris 7.

I have set up everything fine, but however I couldn't make apache to run the jsp on port 80,
everytime I have to execute jps I need to put :

 <A HREF="http://localhost:8080/myjsp.jsp" TARGET="_new"><FONT COLOR="BLUE">http://localhost:8080/myjsp.jsp</FONT></A>

I want the apache/tomcat to be able to run the jsp without the need to put the port number,
any insights?

I know you have to modify the server.xml in the tomcat/conf dir said in several newsgroups,
but I don't know what to do with it !

I think this is a FAQ question, but the FAQ server ( <A HREF="http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayTopics/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12)"
TARGET="_new"><FONT COLOR="BLUE">http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayTopics/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12)</FONT></A>
is ALWAYS down (Internal Error) and I am desperatly need the answer.

please help me out !
Sorry if this is a FAQ question (or just point me to which file to consult at the tomcat installation...)

Thankx!
Kasnol