tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Sabourdin <>
Subject Re: ANYONE gotten tomcat3.1 stand-alone to work with linux ?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:26:43 GMT
  This thread might be wrong but I use tomcat
standalone, on RedHat 6.2 with jdk 1.3 (firstly IBM,
know i try the SUN version). And I have a probleme
that seem relative. If I use tomcat has a user on port
8080, it works. If I use tomcat has a user on port 80,
I have the same error (
Permission denied Permission denied
Method)). If I use tomcat has root [or command su] on
port 80, then it works. It is surely link to the
permission policy of my linux, but I am still a newbis
in linux.

Do You Yahoo!?