tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anand Raman <ara...@india-today.com>
Subject Re: apache mod_jk with tomcat disaster
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 05:53:31 GMT
HI
there are many reasons becos of which ajp13 didnt work for u ..
First and foremost a seperate entry has to be made for ajp13 connection
handlers in server.xml..
Basically cut and paste the connection handler for the ajp12 change the
port to 8009 and the className to
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler
Hope fully it should work
IMHO mod_jk.so simplifies life..
I fear jserv more than i fear anything else..
hope this helps
Anand
On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:31:24AM -0400, Jan Labanowski wrote:
>Does Tomcat 3.1 work with mod_jk?
>I think only Tomcat 3.2 works with mod_jk...
>
>So install Tomcat 3.2 if you want mod_jk (not ajp13 did not work for me in b5).
>You may want to look at:
>  http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache
>
>Jan
>jkl@osc.edu
>

>On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Jonathan Scrowston wrote:
>
>> I feel like I'm the only person in the world trying to use mod_jk.
>>
>> I've installed tomcat 3.1 successfully as a standalone.
>> I've installed apache 1.3.12 successfully with mod_jk (which took me a biblical age
to find)

>> I'm using RedHat6.2
>>
>> The problem is that the documented mod_jk.conf-auto simply doesn't exist in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/
>>
>> The bits I've added to httpd.conf are:
>>
>> LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
>> AddModule mod_jk.c
>> JkWorkersFile /opt/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties
>> JkLogFile /var/log/www/mod_jk.log
>> JkLogLevel warn
>> JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
>>
>> I also tried (just for a laugh):
>>
>> AddType text/jsp .jsp
>> AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
>>
>> To cut to the chase...  apache does not recognise any .jsp files in it's own webroot.
The examples work in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples as long as I connect through port 8080 (tomcat
standalone) but I'd like to keep all my stuff in one place and on one port(80).
>> Am I completely missing the point or can someone patient please help.
>> There is certainly a lack of information on this, I've tried every search engine
from deja to dogpile and have found so little on mod_jk I'm begining to wonder if it's all
a sick joke.