tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DIEGO RODRIGO <Diego.RODR...@total.com>
Subject Re:RE: Tomcat 3.1 hangs up
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:28:21 GMT

there's a known bug in JDK 1.3 that makes jk_nt_service (used for starting
tomcat as a service in NT) exit when someone logs-off from the server where
tomcat is running (search the mailing list for tomcat users
@jakarta.apache.org).

in order to know the status of tomcat, you can get this in many ways:

* telnetting to a port where tomcat is offering the service
* using SC.EXE (sc \\SERVER_NAME query TOMCAT_SERVICE_NAME)
    where SERVER_NAME is the name of the machine where you have tomcat running
    and TOMCAT_SERVICE_NAME is the name of the service installed for tomcat

you can download SC.EXE from MS site.

bye

diego.

--