tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Paul Le Fevre <J-P.LeFe...@cea.fr>
Subject How Context path works ?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:35:32 GMT

Like other people in this list I don't understand how
the Context path option works !

I've tried a lot of configurations in server.xml then looking
at the result in tomcat-apache.conf (and sometimes at the http
result). I'm really confused by the behaviour of tomcat.
Bug or feature ?

Why <Context path="/B" docBase="webapps/A"> gives
Alias /B /ker/home/lefevre/soft/Web/tomcat/webapps/B (and not webapps/A) ?

Why <Context path="/A" docBase="webapps/D/A"> gives
Alias /A /ker/home/lefevre/soft/Web/tomcat/webapps/A (D swallowed) ?

I ran the test with and without autosetup enabled, with and without ROOT
context path defined ....

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre * CEA Saclay DAPNIA/SEI * Mail : Jean-Paul.LeFevre@cea.fr