tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Stafford <dysan_3...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat/Jserv on Solaris
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:35:44 GMT
I'm a dimwit and a doofus...  Problem solved.  I just
needed to add:

AddModule mod_jserv.c

to the httpd.conf file.  Even though the
tomcat-apache.conf file handles the LoadModule
statement, I needed the AddModule line.  Everything is
working fine.  Now if someone has a link to setting up
a new context.  (ie.  I want to use
/usr/local/apache/servlets to put all the servlets
into and be able to execute them from
http://localhost/servlets/SomeClass)

If anyone knows where I can read up on how to set all
the necessary dir's up, and which files to add so I'm
not stumbling in the dark, I'd be MOST appreciative!

--- Marcia Perry <mperry@lbl.gov> wrote:
> Ed Stafford wrote:
> >
> > I'm a doofus.. It wouldn't compile due to my not
> > having the --enable-shared=max tag when I
> configured
> > Apache.  But I did have to do something a little
> > different.  Here's what I did:
> >
> > apxs -o mod_jserv.so -c *.c
> > gcc -G -o mod_jserv.so mod_jserv.o
> > jserv_wrapper_win.o\ jserv_wrapper_unix.o
> > jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o\ jserv_utils.o
> > jserv_status.o jserv_protocols.o\ jserv_mmap.o
> > jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o\ jserv_ajpv12.o
> > jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o
>
> I used 'ld -G .....' instead of 'gcc -G ...'.
> Also, did you run 'httpd -l' and see that mod_so.c
> is in the list of compiled-in modules?

Yep.  It was correct.

> > That built the module on Solaris 7.  Now, however,
> I'm
> > having a little problem with getting Apache to use
> the
> > module.  I added the 'Include
> > /usr/local/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf' file
> into
> > the httpd.conf.  However, it doesn't seem to be
> using
> > the module at all.  If I go to the webpage:
> >
> > localhost/examples/servlets/jsp and click on any
> of
> > the examples, it tries to download the .jsp file.
> > Also it can't find the servlet examples when I try
> > run them which tells me that for some reason
> Apache
> > isn't loading the module.  I do get the error
> message:
> >
> > [Mon Oct  9 15:06:41 2000] [error] Cannot remove
> > module mod_jserv.c: not found in module list
> > [Mon Oct  9 15:06:42 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.12
> > (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations
> >
> > when I startup apache.  Does this look familiar to
> > anyone?

=====
Ed Stafford
dysan_3000@yahoo.com