tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Stafford <dysan_3...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat/Jserv on Solaris
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:13:06 GMT
I'm a doofus.. It wouldn't compile due to my not
having the --enable-shared=max tag when I configured
Apache.  But I did have to do something a little
different.  Here's what I did:

apxs -o mod_jserv.so -c *.c
gcc -G -o mod_jserv.so mod_jserv.o
jserv_wrapper_win.o\ jserv_wrapper_unix.o
jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o\ jserv_utils.o
jserv_status.o jserv_protocols.o\ jserv_mmap.o
jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o\ jserv_ajpv12.o
jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o

That built the module on Solaris 7.  Now, however, I'm
having a little problem with getting Apache to use the
module.  I added the 'Include
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf' file into
the httpd.conf.  However, it doesn't seem to be using
the module at all.  If I go to the webpage:

localhost/examples/servlets/jsp and click on any of
the examples, it tries to download the .jsp file.
Also it can't find the servlet examples when I try to
run them which tells me that for some reason Apache
isn't loading the module.  I do get the error message:

[Mon Oct  9 15:06:41 2000] [error] Cannot remove
module mod_jserv.c: not found in module list
[Mon Oct  9 15:06:42 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.12
(Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations

when I startup apache.  Does this look familiar to
anyone?

http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/tj3.1/README.html.
> This has a detailed log of what someone did as well
> as I what I did.
>
> --Marcia

=====
Ed Stafford