tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Stafford <dysan_3...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat/Jserv on Solaris
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:21:17 GMT
This did not work.  When I run the ld command, I get:

ld: fatal: file autochange.so: open failed: No such
file or directory

I don't know why I'm having so many problems.  I get
this to compile under Linux just fine, but under
Solaris 7 it's quite difficult.  I really need help
with this.  Thanks.

http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/tj3.1/README.html.
> I wish the tomcat folks would put a link to this
> from the tomcat
> website!!
>
> --marcia
> Ed Stafford wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying to install Tomcat+Apache on a Sun
> > Solaris 7 system today.  Here's what I've gotten:
> >
> > Using Tomcat 3.1-Stable:
> >  * Tomcat compiles without error
> >  * Jserv module fails to build.  I've performed:
> >   apxs -o mod_jserv.so -c *.c
> >
> > and it returns with an error:
> > apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=-256
> >
> > I did notice that the last line lacks a linker or
> > anthing. Here's the output of the last few lines:
> > gcc -DSOLARIS2=270 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
> > -DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/usr/local/apache/include  -c
> > jserv_wrapper_win.c
> > gcc -DSOLARIS2=270 -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
> > -DNO_DL_NEEDED  -I/usr/local/apache/include  -c
> > mod_jserv.c
> >   -o mod_jserv.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o
> > jserv_wrapper_unix.o jserv_wrapper.o
> jserv_watchdog.o
> > jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o jserv_protocols.o
> > jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o
> > jserv_ajpv12.o jserv_ajpv11.o autochange.o
> >
> > As you can see, after mod_jserv.c compiles, and it
> > goes to compile it all into a library, it doesn't
> list
> > a linker.  On an x86 Linux machine, the exact same
> > thing works find with a 'gcc -shared ' before the
> -o.
> > I tried building it by hand by putting 'gcc '
> before
> > the -o, but it complains about symbol errors, and
> > looks like it's trying to link to some apache
> library
> > which doesn't exist (or I don't know where the
> library
> > is).
> >
> > I REALLY need help on this guys.  I know it's not
> the
> > latest and greatest build, but it's for a
> production
> > environment.  Here's the description of the
> installed
> > software on this system:
> >
> > Solaris 7 Server
> > gcc 2.7.2.3