tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schnorr-Gaussm...@t-online.de (Horst Gaussmann)
Subject Re: Using jikes
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 05:47:22 GMT
On my System putting jikes.exe into path doesn't help.
The only way i was able to persuade tomcat to use jikes is

- changing some source files of tomcat
- recompile them and put the into the classes dir of tomcat.
- setting up a new classpath so that jikes could find the rt.jar from sun's jdk

so you see it isn't that easy.

bye horst

P.S.:
 All the other way's and tips from this group didn't work on my system (nt4.0, tomcat3b4,
jdk1.3, jikes).
 Because ( im not sure but ) the lines for jikes are commented out in the sources of tomcat.