tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrei Borsaru" <a...@imediation.com>
Subject Null Context in Tomcat 3.1
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:26:15 GMT

    I get an exception with Tomcat 3.1 in the RequestImpl.java file (message
is printed bellow).

    I just wanted to know if someone else ever encountered this error, if it
is a known bug. The request object from which I try to get the session is
not null but it seems that the Context is.
    (Line 407 in RequestImpl.java is  SessionManager
sM=context.getSessionManager();    )

java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.getSession(RequestImpl.java:407)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.HttpServletRequestFacade.getSession(HttpServletReques
tFacade.java:240)
        ... other classes (mine) that tried to do .getSession(false)

Thanks for any help !