tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <>
Subject RE: help with linking tomcat to apache
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:54:13 GMT
RE: help with linking tomcat to apacheRebuild with -lposix4 (looks
like you're on Solaris - this worked for me).

Cheers... Mike
  -----Original Message-----
  Sent: 23 October 2000 22:26
  Subject: RE: help with linking tomcat to apache

  I have gotten a similar problem trying to load  When I add the
mod_jk.conf-auto include to the httpd.conf, the apache web server will not
restart.  Looks like it is missing a reference symbol in the shared object

  apachectl configtest
  Syntax error on line 8 of
  Cannot load /u01/lmt2/apache/apache_1.3.14/libexec/ into server: /u01/lmt2/apache/apache_1.3.14/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /u01/lmt2/apache/apache_1.3.14/libexec/ symbol fdatasync:
referenced symbol not found

  I am running Apache 1.3.14 and Tomcat 3.2 beta 6.  The build of the so
file seemed to work fine using apxs.

  I did moved the file from the src tree in tomcat to the libexec
directory under Apache.

  Any ideas on what I did wrong?

  Lee Blackburn
  Lead eWizard