tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Jones" <sc...@izio.com>
Subject Re: trying to make a custom jsp tag
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:43:37 GMT
Hi David,

> great, how did you determine the /taglib/database part? taglib a context?

Oh, a URI is simply a unique identifier -- it doesn't matter what you use
there, as long as you make it match up between your web.xml file and your
calling JSPs.  Sorry about that confusion!  :)  I could have just as easily
use "databaseTagLibrary" or something for my URI, but convention seems to be
to use URLs (that typically don't exist -- however, if you use your domain
name, then you can be fairly certain that no-one else will use that *same*
URI for their taglib if you ever wanted to use somebody elses).  For
example, the example taglib in the examples directory uses
http://java.apache.org/tomcat/example-taglib

> i put a tld in WEB-INF/jsp/ and it did not get picked up by the build
> script...of course if i put it in web/bleh.tld it gets picked up, but that
> is rather ugly. (i can always copy the file to the correct deployed
> location, but i do not want to have to do that)

Not sure exactly what you mean here.... I'm pretty new to Tomcat too (are
you talking about building "WAR" files?).  If so, I haven't played around
with that at all yet...  I assume that you could modify the build script
though...

Cheers,

Scott