tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Craig Anderson <cr...@netstatresources.com>
Subject Auto-Created Conf Files at Startup.
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:20:23 GMT
Hello -

	I am running four seperate instance of tomcat each with a different
sever.xml file. I start each instance as a different non priveleged user.
Tomcat is installed in /usr/local/tomcat and the files are owned by root.
When each instance of tomcat starts they try to create some configuration
files in TOMCAT_HOME/conf . Since the directory is owned by root they cannot
write to it and therefore throw filenotfound exceptions. Is there a way to
stop these startups from trying to create these files? Is there a decent
howto on running multiple tomcat instances that goes into some detail?

Craig Anderson
Netstat Resources
www.netstatresources.com