tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shunxiang Yang" <...@process.buaa.edu.cn>
Subject tomcat performance
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:03:51 GMT
Hi,
     I've developed a web site using Linux + mysql + apache + tomcat3.1 + jsp + jdk1.2.2.
And the machine is: 733Mhz, 256M RAM. But the performance is not ideal. In fact, both the
.html files and .jsp files are slow. Can tomcat + apache work well when visitors number of
the web site increases? How to make it work fine? Would you please give me some advice?
     BTW, can resin do better than tomcat?
     In almost every .jsp files, I create a db connection and do some queries, and then destroy
it by calling close() method. I think this is not a good design. But how can I do db connection
pooling using apache + tomcat + mysql?

     Thank you very much for your help!

 best wishes,
     yours,