tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Palermo" <>
Subject WAR files
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:30:46 GMT
Hello all,

I have an application whose document root is not relative to tomcat.  I put a context entry
into the server.xml file:

<Context path="/myapp"
 docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs/myapp"
 reloadable="true" >

I placed my myapp.war file in the "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs" directory
and deleted the "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs/myapp directory".  When I restart
tomcat nothing happens.  When I move the myapp.war file to the "tomcat/webapps" directory
the war file is unpacked.  How do I get tomcat to recognize that the warfile should be unpacked
where the context is?  Thanks in advance!

View raw message