tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: Stalled Pages
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:29:27 GMT
Tomcat implementation classes' s documentation?You're going to love this.

It sounds like it might be the same problem I was having, where IE5.5 has
problems recognising the end of a page through SSL when the transfer method
is "Chunked". Does this happen on older browsers?

The solution, believe it or not, is to make sure the first line of your file
that's returned to the browser is not blank. I did this by changing my JSPs
to have the <HTML> tag on the very first line, and then the <%page stuff.

Cheers... Mike

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Steve Haines [mailto:shaines@ipnetsolutions.com]
  Sent: 18 October 2000 18:56
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: Stalled Pages

  Hi All,

  I am experiencing a strange problem where pages served up by Tomcat are
stalling while running on Solaris. I am using the released version of Tomcat
3.1 on Solaris 8 (currently testing w/o integrating it in a web server) and
it occassionally stalls.. I have checked the downloaded HTML file and it is
complete (and processed - the JSP worked), but for some reason Tomcat does
not let the browser know that it has completed the transaction - so the HTML
page's onload() method is never processed and the browser ends up giving a
Timeout error.

  I have tested this with IE 5 and Netscape 4.75 from both NT and Solaris
(Netscape only) and it fails on both, so it appears to be a server side
issue. What could be happening? Any ideas? Could Tomcat not be closing the
socket that the browser opened to it? And most importantly, any ideas how I
can fix the problem :) ?

  Thanks in advance!
  Steve