tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffry Guttadauro <jeff.guttada...@abbott.com>
Subject JRun tag library with Tomcat
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 16:27:31 GMT
Hello.

 I'm trying to use the JRun Custom Tag library (jruntags.jar) with
Tomcat
and am having some trouble.  Has anyone successfully done this?  I was unable
to point the taglib-location to the jar file, first of all, even though I
read
in the errata that I should be able to do this.  I had to un-jar the tld file
and point the taglib-location to it directly.  That is not really a big deal,
but if anyone has been able to do that, please let me know how.

 The main problem is that when I try to pull up a JSP page that tries
use certain JRun custom tags, I get compilation errors.  Some of the tags
work
ok though.  I've been able to test <jrun:form...> and <jrun:input...> without
any problems, while <jrun:sql...> and <jrun:if...> are giving me errors.

<jrun:sql connection=...> gives me this error:
   org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
   Unable to find setter method for attribute: connection
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.
    generateSetters(TagBeginGenerator.java:192)

<jrun:if...> gives me this error:
   org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
   JSP/tomcat/work/localhost_8080%2Ftestapp/
   _0002fLoginAuth_0002ejspLoginAuth_jsp_0.java:97:
      Undefined variable: _jspx_th_jrun_sql_0
         _jspx_th_jrun_if_1.setParent(_jspx_th_jrun_sql_0);

 Can anyone out there offer any suggestions?  Could it be that Jasper
has bugs?  This is so low level I really don't know how to go about finding
out what's going wrong or where to turn.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
-Jeff