tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Sum" <j...@netprinciples.com>
Subject Tomcat bug?
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 07:05:10 GMT
Hi,

 I have a strange problem in the include file action. I use tomcat 3.1with
Linux (JDK1.3), my directory structure are as follow:

 +-- webapps
     +-- myroot
         +-- test1
                 a.jsp
                 +-- test2
                         b.jsp
         +-- test3
                 c.jsp

Content of a.jsp:
    I am a.jsp <%@ include file"test2/b.jsp" %>

Content of b.jsp:
    I am b.jsp <%@ include file="../../test3/c.jsp" %>

Content of c.jsp:
    I am c.jsp

Normally when i brows a.jsp, it will output as "I am a.jsp I am b.jsp I am
c.jsp". It works fine at JRun but when I put the application at tomcat it
fail and the error is as below...

I have tried to use physical path rather then relative path but it also fail

 Internal Servlet Error:

 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Bad file argument to include
  at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java:688)
  at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1073)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1034)
  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:182)
  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
  at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:149)
  at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:161)
  at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
  at
  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
  at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
  at
 )
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)