tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mirko Froehlich" <mirko.froehl...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Apache + Virtual hosts on different ports + Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:26:24 GMT
Hi!

I am running Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 on a Linux box. I followed the
documentation to integrate these via mod_jk, which basically seems to work
fine. Both servlets and JSP work for the Tomcat example site and my own
website if I put them in the right directory. Now this is what I am trying
to do:

I want to have two different websites (i.e. a production site and a staging
site) running on different ports (port 80 for production, port 8080 for
staging). "http.conf" defines a virtual host for each of these websites, and
as long as I am only using static files, everything is working as expected.
However, I don't know how to map these virtual hosts to the appropriate
contexts in Tomcat's "server.xml", since these seem to only differentiate
hosts by name, not by port. Is there any way this can be done?

-Mirko