tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth R. Kress <kkr...@home.com>
Subject Re: <url-pattern> only works with Tomcat HTTP server, not Apache
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:04:35 GMT
Paul,

I'm surprised you didn't find the answers in the archives. Take
a look at:

http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=140877

for a solution using the Apache directive LocationMatch.

Another solution is to use the mount directive. E.g.,

ApJServMount /intranet/servlet /intranet
ApJServMount /intranet/cgi_bin /intranet

The equivalent Jk directive is
JkMount /intranet/servlet/* ajp12
JkMount /intranet/cgi_bin/* ajp12

In the archives, search for the subject "Servlet configuration"
and read Jacob Kjome's informative postings.

Whether you use LocationMatch or the appropriate Mount directive
in your tomcat-apache.conf file, you *MUST* also modify your
context's web.xml file and add an URL-PATTERN (E.g.,
<url-pattern> /cgi_bin/*</url-pattern> ).

    Ken.

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, you wrote: > I know this topic has
been posted before, because I read about it in the > list
archives, but the problem still remains unsolved.  It's seems
like > such a basic thing too, and I'm surprised I haven't found
an answer yet. >  > I have Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 installed on Red
Hat 6.1, working with Apache > (Apache is configured by
including the tomcat-apache.conf file).  I have > the context
/webmail set up, which works fine when I try to call a > servlet
this way: >

--
Kenneth R. Kress                                kkress@home.com