tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth R. Kress <kkr...@home.com>
Subject Re: tomcat performance
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:03:12 GMT

I use TableGen with MySQL and the Ewin connection pooling
stuff. It took a little playing around to get it to work, but
time trials showed I could 100% more connections for short
duration queries. For more complicated queries there was little
performance benefit to connection pooling (using Ewin). The nice
thing about it, though, is that TableGen will generate classes
for every table.

    Ken.

TableGen:
http://freespace.virgin.net/joe.carter/TableGen/index.html

Connection pooling:
http://www.ewin.org/~bret/java/connectionPool/index.html

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, you wrote: > Hi,
>      I've developed a web site using Linux + mysql + apache + tomcat3.1 + jsp + jdk1.2.2.
And the machine is: 733Mhz, 256M RAM. But the performance is not ideal. In fact, both the
.html files and .jsp files are slow. Can tomcat + apache work well when visitors number of
the web site increases? How to make it work fine? Would you please give me some advice?
>      BTW, can resin do better than tomcat?
>      In almost every .jsp files, I create a db connection and do some queries, and then
destroy it by calling close() method. I think this is not a good design. But how can I do
db connection pooling using apache + tomcat + mysql?

--
Kenneth R. Kress                                kkress@home.com