tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin White" <ke...@kevinsworld.com>
Subject Help with tomcat/apache on Linux...
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:14:58 GMT
Hi all,

I have Linux (Mandrake 7.1) running apache web server, which is working
great.  I downloaded tomcat 3.1 and installed it (to /installs/tomcat).  I
have followed directions that I can find, and tomcat is working great.  If I
go via a web browser to http://localhost:8080/examples I get to the examples
page where I can run jsp's wonderfully.  I then do an "Include
/installs/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf" in the httpd.conf of apache.  Now,
when I go to http://localhost I get my normal page up great.  BUt when I go
to http://localhost/examples, I get a 403 error.  Is this really a
permissions problem?  Why can tomcat's web server get to the pages but not
apache?

Any suggestions to fix this?  I'd really like to be able to do jsps and
servlets! :)

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
--