tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Bateman" <jo...@cyberworldgroup.com>
Subject RE: confusion on running Stand alone
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:03:22 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tried that also, and since there's a connector entry
, as seen below, for 'root' I put an index.html file (verified all
permissions on it) and called  http://serverIpd:8080/index.html also
nothing.

<Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Very strange.... but then again it is the holloween season over here. :)

http://serverip:8080/test/index.html I
always get DNS can't locate server errors.

The log files seem to be happy with the exception that I occasionally see
this error message in the tomcat.log file. the error is marked by *'s, I've
just included the whole log file as it's quite small and maybe the insight
will help.
(FYI: /usr/local/tomcat is a symbolic link to /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat)

Starting tomcat install="/usr/local/tomcat" home="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat"
classPath=".:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/t
omcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib
/test:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/local/tom
cat/lib/xml.jar:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:.:./:/lib/classes.zip:/classes
:/lib/dt.jar:/lib/tools.jar:/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/l
ib/jconn2.jar"
Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load
docBase="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/admin"
Context log: path="/admin" Adding context path="/admin"
docBase="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/admin"
Starting endpoint port="8080"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"
Starting endpoint port="8007"
handler="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"
**** Error reading request connection reset ****

Thanks a million.

John Bateman
Cyber World Group Inc.