tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ciaran Scullion" <cag...@gofree.indigo.ie>
Subject starting tomcat
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:55:32 GMT
Hi ,
      I am a new user to tomcat on a win 98 platform ....
      I am having some problems with installing tomcat on my pc
basically I have a tomcat_home variable set to c:\tomcat
                                Java_home is set to C:\VisualCafe\JAVA2

my path is set to the following
                 SET PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\BIN;C:tomcat\bin;........

my class path is set to the following
 SET CLASSPATH=.;%JAVA_HOME%\lib; %TOMCAT_HOME%\classes;
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jasper.jar;
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xml.jar;
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar;
%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;

when I go in to the tomcat directory I have set up and call bin\startup or bin\tomcat run
 I get the following error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup

does any one have any ideas ??

go raibh mile maith agut ( thank you in Irish)
Niambh