tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Emenaker" <...@emenaker.com>
Subject Re: admin user/password
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:39:06 GMT
> What must you do with file server.xml?
> *************************************
>
> You will find context definition for path="/admin" and then you MUST
change
> trusted attribute from trusted="false" to trusted="true".

This fixes the NullPointerException problem. The "trusted" attribute is
supposed to control whether a webapp has access to tomcat's internal data
(or so the server.xml file says). I presume the exception is generated
because there's some method that you call to get a handle to tomcat's
internal data and contextAdmin isn't checking it before using it.

So now, I can run contextAdmin and see how lame it is. :) But seriously,
does anyone know of a tool that provides a little better of an
administration interface than contextAdmin?

- Joe