Hmmm... I'm a bit confused here.

My example covers the first one you mention.  It does go into a little more detail with using the getPathInfo() method but, for the most part, it is exactly what my example said.

On the second one, I'm not sure I see where the problem is.  It says to add the following to tomcat.conf or tomcat-apache.conf to support servlet aliasing between Apache+Tomcat:

<LocationMatch /myApp/jsp-bin/* >
    SetHandler jserv-servlet
</LocationMatch>

However, I have this working quite nicely without doing that at all.  It think that is a Jserv ONLY issue.  With Tomcat, you just need to provide something like the following to your tomcat.conf file:

Alias /examples "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Jakarta/tomcat/webapps/examples"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Jakarta/tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Jakarta/tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>
<Location "/examples/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Jakarta/tomcat/webapps/examples/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Directory>

In this case, all your aliasing that you have done in your web.xml will work just fine through apache.

Am I missing something?  Why would I want to use <LocationMatch>????

Jake