tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jamison Stepan" <jamison.ste...@dnr.state.mn.us>
Subject Weird problem.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:18:52 GMT
Hello,

I'm running Tomcat 3.2 and have created a simple servlet that does a database query, populates
a JavaBean (not EJB) and then dispatches a Vector object (filled with JavaBeans) to a jsp
which then iterates through the Vector and displays the results. My problem is that after
the server has been running for over a day the page starts generating NullPointer errors.
The sterr output shows an IO Exception in the database driver. Aside from closing the database
connection is there something else that needs to be done in the destroy method of my servlet?
Do I need to kill the JavaBean off somehow?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamison Stepan

--