tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cristian Southall" <Cristian_South...@jdv.com>
Subject no objects on error pages
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:05:45 GMT
Hi All,

I'm using Tomcat 3.1 to deploy a web application that includes an error page (error.jsp) that
performs a number of logging functions.

When I request force_error.jsp (a file that simply divides one by zero to create an ArithmeticException)
it appears that the servlet engine throws the exception to error.jsp. Unfortunately, the WebUser
object (a custom object I use to hold information about a user) that I bind to the Session
can not be found either  bound to the Session or Request objects in error.jsp.

Does anybody know why I can't access my own objects from an error page? Furthermore, does
anybody have any suggestions as to how I can make sure a JSP error page has access to objects
I bind to a user's Session?

Thanks very much,
Cristian Southall

JDV - e-Commerce and Outsourcing Solutions for Financial Services
http://www.jdv.com/

Any securities recommendation contained in this document is unsolicited general information
only. Do not act on a recommendation without first consulting your investment advisor to determine
whether the recommendation is appropriate for your investment objectives, financial situation
and particular needs.
JDV  believes that any information or advice (including any securities recommendation) contained
in this document is accurate when issued. However, JDV does not warrant its accuracy or reliability.
JDV, its officers, agents and employees exclude all liability whatsoever, in negligence or
otherwise, for any loss or damage relating to this document to the full extent permitted by
law.