tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Anderson" <MMAND...@novell.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat for Netware
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:06:04 GMT
Hi Raj,

I'm looking at the issue with the default context.  I think it has to
do with how Tomcat determines an absolute path.  As you have
seen, it will work if you add it to the server.xml file but I'll keep
looking at fixing the default behavior on NetWare.

Mike Anderson
Senior Software Engineer
Platform Services Group
mmanders@novell.com
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novell.com

>>> r.bhaskar@compserv.gla.ac.uk 09/04/00 07:21AM >>>
Hi Mike,

> The problem with NetWare is that it uses "\" as the default
> file.separator and so tomcat treats it like a Windows platform.  I
> working on this issue but as a temporary workaround, I've added a
> -Dfile.separator="/" the the Java command line that starts up
> tomcat.

This works wonderfully.  Thank you very much for saving my hair
:o).  However, I've realised that Tomcat doesn't seem to be loading
a default context (ie, you get a 404 error when you enter
http://localhost:8080/).  I suppose that you could correct this by
adding it to the server.xml file (as in Tomcat 3.1) but the lack of an
entry for it in that file led me to assume that it would somehow load
it automatically.

Oh well, now I just need to make my servlets talk to an Oracle Lite
database running on a different machine and I'll be flying...

Raj.

Rajnish Bhaskar
r.bhaskar@compserv.gla.ac.uk, http://i.am/rajy
IT Education Unit, University of Glasgow
http://www.iteu.gla.ac.uk/
--
It's a rum old world all right.  But you've got to have a laugh,
haven't you?