tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JTaylor...@aol.com
Subject Tomcat Keeps Crashing & Log File isnt generating -- Please Help
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:21:36 GMT
Hello:

I am using the Tomcat 3.2 and am using the virtual host support. It is
running on a Linux box and works great when it works.  The problem I am
having is the Tomcat engine continually crashes and when it does in fact
crash, I cannot do the simple stop/start as it genereates the following error:

FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use

So I have to restart the entire server to clear this up.  Now it happens
about once a day, sometimes more.  Another odd thing is that the log
"generates" so to speak but is empty.  Is this normal?

I really hope that someone can help.

Jason