tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wouter Boers <wou...@mediata.nl>
Subject RE: Optimizing Tomcat
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:34:05 GMT

On 14-Sep-2000 Jay Herrick wrote:
> Thanks Pierre,
>
>                   Static       JSP
> ---------------------------------
> JWS               125          59
> Apache+Tomcat     137          30
>
> We are testing with 200 threads hitting the server for 15 seconds.  These
> results are pages served per second.  Perhaps if my testing method is not
> right someone could suggest a better one.  But it seems to me that I should
> not have a 50% drop in performance on the same machine.

The period is way to short for a real stress test, extend it to a little longer
and JWS will go down. Besides that JWS does not support the Servlet 2.2
specication and does not run under JDK 1.2, are you running tomcat under JDK
1.2? That realy makes a use difference on Sun, at least that are my biased
'optical' views. Never really measured it because I needed servlet 2.2.

Wouter

--
Mphasis Media BV.                         Interactive architects
Wouter Boers <Wouter.Boers@MphasiS.com>   http://www.MphasiS.com