tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Manwai Lee <jm...@WPI.EDU>
Subject Newbie, Please help
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:53:58 GMT
Hi,

I unzipped my class zip of TomCat on my local C drive on a win98 PC.  I've
also got JDK1.1.8 installed on C, both off of root.  I've added the
JAVA_HOME setting as necessary in tomcat.bat.

When I try running http://my_server:8080/

I ran into two problems

1) I don't know what my_server means to my win98 machine, do I have one?

2) my *.bat files always return "out of environment space" when I run
them.  What to do?

I apologize for the lengthy and possibly annoying email but I can't wait
to try out tomcat for I'm learning JSP.  Thank you.

                                  /     |\         /|    \
                                  \     \ \   ____/ /    /
                                   \     \#\/~~~\/#/--^\/
                                    \  \|(``"__"```)|/  |^|