tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J. Mark Brooks" <jmbro...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Re: Using servlets withTomcat
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:50:30 GMT
Actually, my problem is more like Dennis Wangs.  Directly running the
servlets in the example app works fine if I enter the address
//localhost:8080/servlet/SimpleServlet or whatever, but I can't seem to
figure out how to run my OWN servlets. From what I can see, Tomcat's
default setup is to run the servlet invoker anytime I preface the
servlet's name with /servlet/, and I mimicked the examples applications
setup (with the classes directory in WEB-INF with the servlets in the
classes directory) but I get a http 500 error.  Obviously I'm doing
something wrong -- what?

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Simon Massey wrote:

> Like J.Mark Brooks I too am confused about how to run the examples with Tomcat running
as a standalone container. It is very easy to find in the docs how to get the container up,
but I do not know how to connect to the HelloWorld servlet with a browser.

--
J. Mark Brooks