tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Santaniello <>
Subject HP-UX 11 help needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:31:50 GMT
Hello All,

I am somewhat desperate, and the faq-o-matic hasn't been available all
day, so maybe this has been covered before, but I'm in a jam and need to
get things sorted out asap...

I'm running HP-UX 11.0 (32 bit) and Java on my dev box and
eventually will be using 64 bit 11.0 on my production box. I have
installed Tomcat 3.1 binaries that seem to fire up fine, but when I
connect to the port Tomcat i litening on I get this exception on stdout:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: Stream broken Stream broken

Is this some known issue? will Java 1.3 behave differently? If I compile
Tomcat on my box instead of binaries, will this make a difference? I've
been trying to build Tomcat, but I keep getting class not found errors.

Is there some kind of weirdness with HP-UX an threads? Probably completely
unrelated, but strangely fishy, I can't get threads to work in Python on
this box either...

All help in getting a working tomcat (stand alone, no apache) on my HP is
greatly appreciated.

Joseph Santaniello
Chief Technology Officer

Westlake Financial Services