tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Howard Shih <hms...@eclipse.net>
Subject Access Logs/? Was Re: Logs
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:53:53 GMT
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jean-NoŽl WALLEZ wrote:

> How can I prevent Tomcat from clearing up the log every time it restarts?
> Please e-mail reply to jn.wallez@wavenet.be

Actually, please post any replies to the list. I've searched the archives
at mikal.org and wasn't able to find anything on Log Rotation... Has
everyone else just been using their own custom script to do this and
adding it to the tomcat startup/shutdown scripts?

Also, are there plans to set up an access log for tomcat? Right now I'm
using the apache logs since I've got jserv forwarding jsp/servlet requests
to tomcat.

Thanks

Howard Shih