tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Keith McNeill" <mcne...@iconverse.com>
Subject RE: IIS/Tomcat & SSL
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:55:31 GMT
I should add that I'm using IIS under Win2K, Tomcat v3.1 and Sun JDK 1.2.2.

Keith
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Keith McNeill [mailto:mcneill@iconverse.com]
  Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 10:43 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: IIS/Tomcat & SSL

  I have a config with tomcat & IIS working fine.

  I need to do some SSL work so I added the necessary configs to IIS to get
SSL to work.  SSL seems to be working ok.  I can run some JSPs via IIS & SSL
without any real problems so far..except.  At runtime I need to figure out
if I'm running over a secure channel...i.e. SSL.  Looking at the Docs the
request.getScheme() method seems like it should do the trick.
But....getScheme() only ever returns "http" as the protocol...never "https".

  I looked at the tomcat source a bit an couldn't tell anywhere where the
scheme was getting set to anything but "http" in the method
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestImpl.recycle().

  So my question is:

  - Is this a tomcat issue...i.e. it isn't implemented
  - Is this an IIS issue?
  - Something else?
  - Do others have this config working?

  Thanks,