tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hans-erik.skyttb...@boxer.se
Subject Re: Apache & Tomcat
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:11:30 GMT

Hi!

I had big problems compiling mod_jk on solaris and only thing that worked
for me was to go into the right dir where mod_jk resides do:
cp ../jk/* .
apxs -o mod_jk.so -c *.c

This works both in Linux and in Solaris alltough in Linux I found it much
easier to just use the makefile and type make and voila you  have a linux
mod_jk.

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg@boxer.se
+46 (0)8 587 899 64
+46 (0)708 20 32 53

                    Anand Raman

                    <araman@india-        To:     "Michael H. La Budde" <mhl@prsft.com>

                    today.com>            cc:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                                          Subject:     Re: Apache & Tomcat

                    2000-09-20

                    13:15

                    Please respond

                    to tomcat-user

the howto file mentions that u have to compile mod_jk.so ur self and
there is no pre compiled build available..
Anyway i suggest that u try and recompile it ..
1. cd /usr/local/jakarta-home/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache1.3
2. use apxs
apxs -o mod_jk.so -I /usr/local/jdk1.2.2/include -I \
/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/include/linux -I ../jk/ -c *.c ../jk/*.c
3. copy the generated mod_jk.so file to /usr/local/libexec and restart
apache..
I hope this helps
Anand
On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 02:41:19PM -0500, Michael H. La Budde wrote:

>I downloaded, built, & installed the latest version of Apache (1.3.12) for

>my Linux platform. In attempting to get it to serve the static content &
>Tomcat to do the dynamic, I get the following error message when trying to

>start Apache:
>
>Syntax error on line 8 of /opt/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
>API module structure 'jk_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so

--
Regards
Anand Raman