tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Loadbalancing in Tomcat 3.2 beta and mod_jk howto ?!?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:31:25 GMT

Hi again!

Thanks, forgot about adding them in server.xml.

Now it works!

But not quite as expected since we have a admin tool built in jsp with jdbc
connections to a oracle DB.

If mounting that tool under the loadbalancer you will be asked to login
over and over again even when supplying the correct password.
But when mounting the tool to ajp12 handler it works.
Isn't the session handling working fully in the loadbalancer for tomcat yet

Would also like some answer to this how will the loadbalancer work in a
configuration like this:

A    A
T    T

Here you have two servers running apache and two others running tomcat.
You would like both apache to connect to same loadbalancer, do you setup
loadbalancer on both tomcat or how would I ensure that users can connect
even if one apache or one tomcat or even one apache and one tomcat goes
down ?

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
+46 (0)8 587 899 64
+46 (0)708 20 32 53

                    Gavigan"             To:
                    <jack.gavigan        cc:
          >             Subject:     RE: Loadbalancing in Tomcat 3.2 beta
and mod_jk howto ?!?
                    respond to

> If I make a configuration as follows:
> [..snip..]
> It will not work, so now is my question is this how loadbalancing should
> set up, but not working yet, or am I doing something wrong here ?

Looks okay to me.

Do those workers exist? i.e. have you set up the ajp131 and ajp132 workers
in Tomcat's server.xml file on the right ports, with the right handler and
context declarations and restarted Tomcat?

If yes, can you see them listening by doing `netstat -a | grep 80`?

If yes, what happens if you JkMount the ajp12 worker instead?

Jack Gavigan

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

View raw message