tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hans-erik.skyttb...@boxer.se
Subject RE: Loadbalancing in Tomcat 3.2 beta and mod_jk howto ?!?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:21:55 GMT

Hi!

Ok!
Now I'm confused:

If I make a configuration as follows:
worker.list=ajp12, loadb

worker.ajp12.port=8007
worker.ajp12.host=localhost
worker.ajp12.type=ajp12

worker.ajp131.port=8009
worker.ajp131.host=localhost
worker.ajp131.type=ajp13
worker.ajp131.lbfactor=1

worker.ajp132.port=8010
worker.ajp132.host=localhost
worker.ajp132.type=ajp13
worker.ajp132.lbfactor=1

worker.loadb.type=lb
worker.loadb.balanced_workers=ajp131, ajp132

worker.inprocess.type=jni
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)classes
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)jaxp.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)parser.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)jasper.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)servlet.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib
$(ps)webserver.jar
worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tools.jar
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=-config
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=$(workers.tomcat_home)/conf/jni_server.xml
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=-home
worker.inprocess.cmd_line=$(workers.tomcat_home)
worker.inprocess.jvm_lib=$(workers.java_home)$(ps)jre$(ps)bin$(ps)classic
$(ps)jvm.so

worker.inprocess.stdout=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)inprocess.stdout
worker.inprocess.stderr=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)inprocess.stderr

worker.inprocess.sysprops=tomcat.home=$(workers.tomcat_home)

If I now in the file that is included into apache conf do a mount as this:
JkMount /*.jsp loadb
JkMount /servlet/* loadb

It will not work, so now is my question is this how loadbalancing should be
set up, but not working yet, or am I doing something wrong here ?

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg@boxer.se
+46 (0)8 587 899 64
+46 (0)708 20 32 53

                    "Jack

                    Gavigan"             To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    <jack.gavigan        cc:

                    @db.com>             Subject:     RE: Loadbalancing in Tomcat 3.2 beta
and mod_jk howto ?!?

                    2000-09-19

                    13:11

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

*rant about people obviously not making any attempt whatsoever to read and
understand the documentation omitted* ;)

Killing two birds with one stone here...

ObDisclaimer: I'm nothing to do with the Jakarta project. I am not a
programmer (I don't even write servlets or JSPs). The explanations here are
how I've interpreted the documentation and sample configuration files. I
may be wrong. The value of your investments may fall as well as rise. Past
performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Also see
http://goldinc.com/disclaim.html

svignal@aptilon.com wrote:

>I'm sorry Jack but you read something we don't. So please be explicite
>because we read the doc and nothing appears about it.
>
>The mount point should have the same name as the worker. So How to define
>workers that answer to the same mount point without defining a "pool" like
>SET! bellow.
>
>example:
>ApjservMount /servlet balance://SET1
>ApjServMountBalance SET1 pc1
>ApjServMountBalance SET1 pc2
>
>Do we need to define a share file like we used to??

This is mod_jk, not mod_jserv. So, forget about any command that's got
*jserv* in it.

The command JkMount (as detailed in the mod_jk HOWTO) is used to mount
workers.

A worker of type lb (for Load Balancer) is defined with a list of workers
in the workers.properties file. The lb worker is put in the worker.list
(still in the workers.properties file, and it should then be mounted in the
apache configuration file. Read on, and refer to Hans' previous message,
for more detailed info.