tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jalli...@ces.co.uk
Subject problem gettting tomcat running
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:08:18 GMT
I am unable to start Tomcat.  I run the startup.bat file and it opens a new
window.  The new window only stays open for a second displays the following
text and then closes.

Context log: path="/examples" Adding context path="/examples"  docBase
="webapps/
examples"
Context log: path="" Adding context path=""  docBase="webapps/ROOT"
Context log: path="/test" Adding context path="/test"  docBase
="webapps/test"
Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
Starting tomcat install=".." home="C:\tomcat" classPath="..\classes;..
\lib\webse
rver.jar;..\lib\jasper.jar;..\lib\xml.jar;..\lib\servlet.jar;C:
\jdk1.2.2\lib\too
ls.jar"
Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load docBase="C:
\tomcat\webapps\adm
in"
Context log: path="/admin" Adding context path="/admin"  docBase="C:
\tomcat\weba
pps\admin"

If anyone knows what might be going wrong could please let me know.  I am
running NT4.

Thank you

Jamie Allison
Java Programmer
CES
13 Hill Street
Edinburgh
EH2 3JP
United Kingdom
------------------------------------
tel: +44 (0) 131 624 1048
fax:+44 (0) 131 624 1088
http://www.ces.co.uk
This message has been sent from the CES network in confidence for the
addressee only. It may contain legally privileged information. The contents
are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the
sender immediately of any error in transmission.