tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hans-erik.skyttb...@boxer.se
Subject Re: Loadbalancing in Tomcat 3.2 beta and mod_jk howto ?!?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:03:31 GMT

Hi!

Ok, I think I'm beginning to understand this, but:
I have a ajp12 worker on port 8007 since tomcat seems to need it for
administrative tasks, this worker is not load balanced!

I have two ajp13 workers called ajp131 and ajp132, theese are load
blalanced with a weight of 1 for each one.

How do I tell mod_jk to use the load balancer for ajp131 & ajp132 workers ?
Does this happen by itself ?
I don't quite understand the architecture here, is each worker instantiated
on each apache server ?
Then what will happen if I run to diffrent apaches against the same two
load balanced tomcats ?
This is a concern for fail over systems.

Theese might be stupidquestions but please help......

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg@boxer.se
+46 (0)8 587 899 64