tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Andrei Cobo" <va...@megapathdsl.net>
Subject RE: JSP exception question...help needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:35:57 GMT
my impression is that HashMap doesnt have the signature of a bean, therefore
I dont think it can be used as one.

correct me if im wrong, but there are no empty contructors in hashMap (
required for a java bean), and no set/get properties for bean scope
variables.

Is there a particular reason why one would want to use HashMap as a bean
anyhow?

Perhaps construct a bean which overrides HashMap Properties and methods, and
still contains a bean signature.

Just curious

Luis Andrei Cobo

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden [mailto:wbrogden@bga.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 3:27 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JSP exception question...help needed

Rick Horowitz wrote:

> Unfortunately, that did not help. I already have java.util.* on the
> imports. Thanks anyway for trying :) Anybody else have any idea why I'm
> seeing the problem outlined below?
>
> TIA...Rick Horowitz

In spite of the fact that you have included java.util.HashMap, you
still have to give the complete package in your JSP tag

 <jsp:useBean id="errorsMap" class="java.util.HashMap" scope="request"
/>

> > > javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class HashMap
> > >       at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:386)

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam