tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Andrei Cobo" <>
Subject RE: JSP exception needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:35:57 GMT
my impression is that HashMap doesnt have the signature of a bean, therefore
I dont think it can be used as one.

correct me if im wrong, but there are no empty contructors in hashMap (
required for a java bean), and no set/get properties for bean scope

Is there a particular reason why one would want to use HashMap as a bean

Perhaps construct a bean which overrides HashMap Properties and methods, and
still contains a bean signature.

Just curious

Luis Andrei Cobo

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden []
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: JSP exception needed

Rick Horowitz wrote:
> Unfortunately, that did not help. I already have java.util.* on the
> imports. Thanks anyway for trying :) Anybody else have any idea why I'm
> seeing the problem outlined below?
> TIA...Rick Horowitz

In spite of the fact that you have included java.util.HashMap, you
still have to give the complete package in your JSP tag

 <jsp:useBean id="errorsMap" class="java.util.HashMap" scope="request"

> > > javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class HashMap
> > >       at
> > >       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
> > >       at

WBB -  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam

View raw message