tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Quinn" <mqu...@myturn.com>
Subject RE: tomcat JSESSION Cookie
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:39:43 GMT

1080 Marina Village Parkway
Alameda, CA 94501

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Quinn [mailto:mquinn@myturn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 11:56 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat JSESSION Cookie

Hello,
I have noticed with version 3.1 of Tomcat that there are always 2 cookies
sent in the header of a response from Tomcat.
setCookie and setCookie2
setCookie creates the Session ID and setCookie2 discards it.  I looked
through the source code, and it seems that in order to keep this setCookie2
from discarding the cookie, there has to be a maxAge in the setCookie.
However in the code it is hard-coded to setMaxAge(-1) for the cookie.

The result:  I can't get a session cookie from Tomcat without it being
discarded in the same response.  If there is a simple solution to this,
please let me know.  In the mean time I am setting up our new server with
GNU JSP 1.0 and Java-Apache..  with jserv.

If I cannot find a solution for this (Without recompiling tomcat) I will be
forced to go with a commercial solution (i.e. WebSphere or WebLogic)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Quinn
Software Engineer
MyTurn.com