tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "me" <bubb...@execpc.com>
Subject JNI & Tomcat
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:34:14 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: me [mailto:bubbler@execpc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 3:55 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JNI & Tomcat

	Recently, I upgraded my web server to apache - tomcat from apache jserv.
The upgrade was seamless except for a problem
running the JNI code.  I have a jni share library that contains a callback
function.  The callback function will send information
back to the servlet every second up to 60 minutes (the jni code takes a long
time!).  I have noticed that the callback function
seems to get called at the end of jni code (typically 3 or 4 minuetes), but
not every second like it did with the jserv code.
	Additionally, with I do a 'ps -ax', I do not see a spawned JVM running the
JNI shared library as in the jserv code.  My current settings are:

	OS - FreeBSD 4.1
	Jserv 1.1.2
	Apache 1.3.12
	Tomcat 1.0