tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jhager" <jha...@isitedesign.com>
Subject java processes running, no localhost:8080, no auto-conf files ??
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:54:25 GMT

Howdy,

still attempting to get tomcat to start.  as mentioned, if i run
"./tomcat.sh start" i can see the classpath and it looks fine, same goes
with a list of java processes.  However, localhost:8080 is not there, and
nothing in the log files.

Now, upon inspecting the tomcat.sh script, I can see a comment to run:

"java -cp runner.jar:servlet.jar:classes org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup $*"

I have the jdk1.3 jvm installed.  And I know from looking at the jar files
that 'org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup' doesn't exist, so i modified it to
what i believe is right: 'org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat'

Could someone send in the correct java command line to startup the server,
seeing as though tomcat.sh isn't doing anything for me, i'm hoping to get
some error messages at least...

"java -cp
runner.jar:./lib/servlet.jar:./lib/webserver.jar:./lib/parser.jar:./lib/jaxp
.jar:./lib/jasper.jar:./lib/ant.jar org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat $*"

the above command, at least what i think is correct, just stalls with no
errors..?

thanks, john.